Jan 1, 2010

Friday Photos - Skies, Squares & Resolutions

These are my entries for Sky Watch Friday. For more sky photos visit Sky Watch Friday: http://skyley.blogspot.com/

Federal Reserve Building in Washington DC


The Capitol Christmas Tree


The Capitol Menorah


This is my Photo Friday entry. Each week Photo Friday posts a photo assignment. Your mission is the creative interpretation of the week's theme. This week's theme is "Square". For more Photo Friday entries visit: http://www.photofriday.com/

Now I know this door is rectangle in shape but I had taken it with the focus on the chickens so it makes the shape of a square. In this photo, they were not so sure about the white stuff on the ground. The ducks were in heaven though. I will share those photos later.



On a side note, here are my New Years Resolutions:

1. Stay in touch with my family and friends more frequently. The loss of my brother will hopefully bring us closer together.

2. Post on my blog at least five days a week. I have so much I want to share with you all.

3. Make more time for myself. I would like to meditate at least ten minutes a day. My goal is that by the end of 2010 I will be up to thirty minutes twice daily.

4. I know it is redundant, but I want to lose some weight. I am tired of this baby fat that is hanging on. My youngest is nine so it is time to say goodbye. This entails more walking, exercise, better food choices and less time messing around on Facebook, Pogo or many of my other Internet hangouts.

5. Lead a more spiritual life. I have been neglecting my ritual and prayer time. I am hoping to integrate this around my meditation time.

6. Spend more time playing with my children. It is easy to become busy and distracted in the adult world but a child's world is simple and full of wonder. We have had a foot of snow fall already today so look for snow fort, snowman and snowball photos tomorrow.

7. Spend more alone time with the love of my life. My husband means the world to me. I want to make time for date nights even if it is just the two of us, a movie rental and popcorn.

8. Take a class on photography. I am a pretty good shutterbug but when I get my new digital SLR camera I want to take my photos to a whole new level.

So these are my resolutions for 2010. I am remaining realistic in my goals. Resolutions are much easier to keep if you keep in mind your limitations and what you are willing to sacrifice. A lot of mine involve time. This means I am going to have to set some sort of schedule and keep it. That will be the hardest part. However, humans seem to get into habits fairly easy so it is just a matter of getting into the habit of making time. What are your resolutions for 2010?

~Jessica~

6 comments:

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Jessica, the catress of my pride, thanks for visiting.
I think your resolutions are all attainable. Sounds like you are directed and that is wonderful. It also sounds like your whole family is going to benefit from your goals, yeah for all of you.
Staying up with ritual has become easier for me now that I have put the emphasis on the grands. They are so enthralled by the "doing". Makes me do more research and fine ways to include them more intimately.
Thanks for being an encourager, I hope I can return the kindness.

Chloe m said...

First of all, amazing photos! And second, I hope your New years resolutions are a success this year. I am with you on many of those! Good luck... thanks for commenting on my blog, it meant a lot. :)
Rosey

Autumn Belle said...

Jessica, all your resolutions sound good. My gynae used to tell me, when child/baby is happy, mom is happy. When mom is happy, everyone in the family will happy. May you achieve all your goals this year. Your photography class will definitely benefit us too. I look forward to your future posts.

Bangchik and Kakdah said...

Jessica... those hens eat snowflakes? ~bangchik

Kim, USA said...

Love your pictures and I so missed my chickens when I saw yours. Thanks for sharing! Happy New Year!

SkyWatchFriday:BlueSky

SquirrelQueen said...

Love the photos, the last one is my favorite. Sounds like a great plan for the coming year.
Judy