http://centria.wordpress.com/ from Michigan's Upper Penninsula passed along a MeMe blogging award to The Magical Mundane. Here are the instructions:
In accepting the award, you have to reveal 7 things about yourself and pass the award on to 7 other bloggers. Since my blog is mostly focused on nature and garden photography, my choices will be as well.
Here are my seven reveals:
1) I am really a geek at heart. Some of my less commonly known interests are astronomy & archaeology. If there is a science, nature or history program on the television, chances are I am watching it. I love science fiction and fantasy books. I have probably watched close to every episode of Star Trek ever made. I am into digital photo manipulation. I am fairly versed in computer coding.
Digital manipulation of our last kitty, Phantom. Still miss you princess.
2) I am very crafty. I scrapbook, rubber stamp, card craft, create altered items. I also love embroidery and counted cross stitch. However, knitting and crochet elude me. One day I will conquer these crafts but not today.
One of my favorite cards. I just love using that little chick stamp!
3) I am a night owl. Some of you may have noticed that most of my new posts come up between 1 and 3 am EST. That's because I am sitting here in the middle of the night typing. Usually my husband is not far behind asking if I am ready for bed yet. It is 1:30 am as I type this.
Moon photo from 2007.
4) I have two jobs outside of the home. My Jan - Apr job is an office manager for Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. It is an exhausting job but I am fortunate to work with a wonderful group of people, all the way up to the franchise owners. My May - Dec job is as an independent skin care consultant through the direct sales company, Jordan Essentials. Again, I work with another set of wonderful folks and couldn't be more blessed.
Working the Jordan Essentials booth at the local fair. Left to right: Jessica (Me), my aunt Rachel, and my cousin Heather. It's a family affair.
5) I love animals of all types. There isn't an animal I don't like. I love spiders, snakes, bats and even skunks. While I am not a hard core PETA type, I do donate both my time and money to ASPCA and HSUS. I am a firm advocate of spaying/neutering as well as adopting rescue animals.
6) I love tasteful tattoos. I only have two but I am planning more. Most people don't realize I have them unless I am wearing shorts or I am showing them off. On my right leg I have an Asian dragon that is still a work in progress. My left leg has a chili pepper and its blossom. My wonderful artist actually drew it up from the photos I provided.
My pepper and dragon tattoos.
7) Alright, here is the mushy moment. This may come as a shock, but my best friend is my husband, Dave. I have quite a few friends that have told me spouses don't count but I think they are wrong. I can confide in my husband and I trust him to keep my confidence. And he knows the same is true with me. He attempts to listen to all my crazy interests and I do the same for him. We aren't perfect but we are definitely good. It is so nice to have a spouse that is my soul mate, lover, provider for our family and best friend all wrapped up in one wonderful package.
Dave and I being exceptionally cute, Halloween 2008.
Here are the seven blogs I am passing this coveted award to:
1) Sunita at The Urban Gardener, located in Mumbai, India. Her blog has some beautiful photos of her region and her blogging style is like having your own personal tour guide.
2) Kanak at Terra Farmer, located in India as well. Her blog is a visual delight with a large number of butterfly, dragonfly and other gorgeous insect photos mixed into her flora photography. http://terrafarmer.blogspot.com
3) Katarina at Roses and Stuff, located in Gothenburg, Sweden. This is the home of Blooming Friday. There are just not enough words to describe her rose photos. I think I am having a moment of Camera Envy! Here is a bonus, her blog is in both English and Swedish. http://rosorochris.blogspot.com
4) Rosey Pollen at Dung Hoe, located in Colorado, USA. Beyond the fact that her blog name makes me giggle everytime, I enjoy her topics, light writing style and of course fabulous photos. http://dunghoe.blogspot.com
5) Autumn Bell at My Nice Garden, located in Malaysia. Another spectacular blog that focuses on garden blooms but still adds in highlights of the region. Another tour guide in training. http://mynicegarden.blogspot.com
6) Karrita at My Mother's Garden, located in Florida, USA. This blog combines art and garden photography. For a crafty gardener this is Nirvana. http://mymothersgardens.blogspot.com
7) Meredith at Great Stems, located in Texas, USA. With blog post names like "Cantaloupe Sex Ed" and "Toadally Frogsome Rescues, Dude" what's not to love. Meredith's posts are witty and her photos superb. http://www.greatstems.com/
Honorable Mention - The following blog is the one that passed on this award through the circle of blogshpere I am on. It is worthy of being repeated for the award from me. But I think that Amy probably needs a break before she's up to writing another 7 x 7 post. So please go visit Flandrum Hill and enjoy her beautiful writing and photographs. It is inspirational.