Aug 13, 2009

Perseid Meteor Showers

I don't have much to say in this post. Most of our time is being spent getting ready for the county fair. Last night, we did go out about 3:00 am EST to observe the Perseid meteor showers. By we, I mean Dave woke me and the oldest son up. We stayed out for 10 minutes and Dave went back to bed leaving me and the boy to our star gazing. We saw a large number of meteors, almost 40 by my count. Some were small but some were quite large. Of course, my camera is not equipped to photograph meteor showers. However, Environmental Graffiti has a wonderful post about meteor showers with photographs. Enjoy!

http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com/featured/meteor-showers/14319

~Jessica~

2 comments:

Sunita Mohan said...

Hi Jessica! 40 meteors ... wow! I wouldn't say that's "nothing much to say" :)
It must've been beautiful! You can be sure your mind's eye has photographed it ... what a memory to treasure!

Autumn Belle said...

Jessica, A meteor shower! This must be a magical sight.