Nov 22, 2009

In Memory of My Brother

For those of you who don't know, my little brother was killed in Afghanistan while serving in the US Army Thursday morning. I won't go into details but it has been a very trying time for me, my family and Dan's wife. They had only been married since March but he loved her so much and she him. I have been going through pictures and I felt a strong urge to share my brother with you. He is more than just one more casualty in an insane war. He was a son, brother, husband, friend and a man with thoughts, feelings, fears and joys. I will miss him so much.


If you would like to see the collage in a larger size, click it and it will open in another window. From there if you click a second time it will enlarge.

~Jessica~

8 comments:

greekwitch said...

I am so sorry for your loss. There is just no reason. Sending lots of love your way.

Hilary said...

Very sorry for your loss

Autumn Belle said...

Jessica, I am so very sorry to hear about this tragic news. I agree with you that war is indeed insane. I am also angry that innocent lives has to be sacrificed. I share your sadness and pain. Having lost both my parents forever, I found solace in writing. My first ever post in My Nice Garden is an orchid in memory of my mum and dad. Do let us share your sorrow and grief and I do hope that time will lessen you pain just as it had lessened mine.

Jessica, I am sorry I have not commented in your blog for some time as I was busy with work and trying to reply all the comments in my blog. Do take care of yourself so that you can be strong for your loved ones. My hugs to you.

Lyon said...

Oh no. =( Life is too short and precious, I am so sorry to hear about this loss. May Brighid bring you and your family comfort and healing. There are no words.

~mel said...

I can’t comprehend just how sad you must feel
For the loss of someone you love.
This sorrowful time must still feel unreal
And you’re looking for strength from above.

I hope, from my heart, that your pain will decrease,
That your spirit will gain strength again,
And I pray that your faith will create inner peace
And that God will send blessings
Amen author unknown

I am so sorry to read this news. My prayers and thoughts for you and your family. Your collage is a wonderful tribute to your brother. {{HUGS}} He was a hero!! As are all the men and women in the US military.

Anonymous said...

Oh Jessica... what sad news... hugs, hugs and more hugs to you. It seems like just yesterday you were telling me about your brother also being in Afghanistan. My heart goes out to you and your family. xo

Anonymous said...

Here's a link to an article about Sgt. Daniel Frazier in the Niles Star:

http://www.nilesstar.com/2009/11/28/sgt-daniel-frazier-25-comes-home-to-military-honors-in-michiana/

Anonymous said...

What an amazing young man:

http://freedomremembered.com/index.php/sgt-daniel-a-frazier/