Apr 19, 2012

Surprise Blooms

I was outside on the front porch in a conversation with my step dad and my husband. In mid sentence, something caught my attention. Something I knew was possible but at the same time didn't expect to happen. Let me back up to when we first moved in our home almost 2 years ago.

We quickly discovered that we had cacti growing wild all over our yard. It was entertaining for a while but mostly it hurt when weeding the garden or planting and getting stuck by a needle. My mother figured out that we could transplant them into one big patch. So we did. They survived the winter in their new location and thrived all last summer. The cacti went dormant for yet another winter and had just started to plump back up this last week.

Imagine this sight greeting me when I got home from work and was relaxing on the porch. Yes, we have flowering cacti in our front yard. Not just plain flowers but gorgeous sunshine yellow double petaled flowers. Yay! I think I am in love.

Please don't mind the weeds in the cacti bed. I just haven't had time or the energy to go pull them this week yet.




~Jessica~

1 comment:

Rue said...

Oh my gosh - gorgeous!