Dec 23, 2010

Grass is Greener

We sometimes hear the expression, "The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence." This means that we may think others have a better life, position, or situation but in all reality we may not realize that what we have ourselves may be best for us.

Our property borders an empty property that was an old race track. I believe it was at one point used as a motorbike track. Now it sits empty. If you approach our fence you can start to see glimpses of the beyond.



Do you think we will see anything exciting? Maybe the fair folk will come out to play. Can you see anything yet?



If you click this photo to enlarge, you will see that the property has gone back to nature. A beautiful meadow full of blossoms, light and probably a good amount of creature residents. Who knows, maybe a fairy or two as well.



Now for the moral of the Grass is Greener. While it is beautiful to look at, I won't be traipsing around back there. More than like there are thorns, burrs, snakes, ticks and all manner of critters I don't want to disturb. Right here in the comfort of my yard, I can gaze with wonder over the fence and daydream about what is over there without getting bit, poked or otherwise injured. Thank you Mother Nature for giving me a yard with a view. I am thankful for that.

~Jessica~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so agree with the Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence philosophy.But I rather have found out that it is because it is over the septic tank.Great photos and beautiful layout.